Sunday, August 23, 2009

White Buffalo Jamestown ND

We will have more pictures later, when we get the throw away camera developed. Yes, I forgot the camera..


We're in Jamestown, North Dakota.
This was the Frontier Museum, they have 3 white buffalo. The male was born in 1996 and given to the museum, then in 2003 they got another one and then they had a calf born last year. It was rather odd to see White Buffalo. Neil & I had trouble saying it too, every time we'd say it, it came out"White Elephant". We've had a lot of interesting things on this trip. When we get the pics developed we have some cute stuff taken with it.
This is the town where Louis L'Amour was raised and we saw what they call "The Writing Shack" where he wrote stories. We also saw all of the books he had written, but Neil thinks I have more than they do. Jerry always read Louis L'Amour books and I also started reading them one time I was looking for something to read, and I think I've read almost all of them. That was pretty cool to read. A man in Frontier Village, told me that a man that lived 25 mi south of Jamestown also was the man that wrote the Wizard of Oz.
We are leaving here first thing in the morn. There is a town West of here that is supposed to be something to see, so we will soon find out. Until then, Be Safe, Healthy and Happy N&S

No comments:

Post a Comment