Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just doin' nuttin


We haven't been doing anything really exciting, but seem to be staying busy doing nothing. It seems like our days off go way tooooooooooooo fast. It's already almost time to work again. We've had company, (people Susan remembers for 1957) some friends of Susan and her family when they lived here, 100 years ago.
Neil has decided he could live here because the people are all so friendly and nice.
We were in the hardware store looking for a door knob for our motorhome, the kid was trying to figure out where to send us, when an older man, said, "I'll tell ya, how to get where ya wanna go." and he did. People here are alot more easy going than they are in Ca. Nobody is in a rush all the time like at home. I don't think I could live here, there are just to many things I remember and don't care for, like chiggers, ticks, snakes, wind, wind, and more wind.
We went to Olathe, Ks (near Kansas City) by the backroads. We were on paved roads, and gravel roads, and just plain muddy ones too. We stopped at an intersection, and a Turtle was crossing the road, and didn't get hit, we also got chased by dogs. I was driving and I ignored the GPS and went the direction I thought I should go, and Neil wondered about me, but all of a sudden, we were there. Neil doesn't get North, South, East & West.
Hope all is well with you.............Until later N&S

No comments:

Post a Comment