Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Fort Leavenworth

We went to Leavenworth KS today, and, of course, we had thunder, lightning and rain almost all day.





When we entered the gate on the Army Base, they had us get out,(In the Rain) and they searched the car. I don't think I've ever had a car searched like that before. The first two pictures (Below with the water) are the Memorial to the Buffalo Soldiers, at Fort Leavenworth, in KS


















Neil really enjoys Museum's, but I think the Service ones are especially interesting to him. Remember though, The Truman Library, took 7 hours. Neil got a patch for his jacket, (of historic places we've been). I got a Christmas Ornament from there.













The sleigh below was Custer's Sleigh. I may not have been to history classes in school, but I'm sure getting it now.










Don't know if we'll go tomorrow, we're both tired this evening. We didn't get home until 5:ooPM, my computer is still on PST, so I'm not crazy, and I do know how to tell time. Until Later N&S















No comments:

Post a Comment