Monday, May 18, 2009

Emporia Garden Show







The flowers in this grouping were some of Neil's favorites, but we both agreed we liked all of them.



Emporia is where I was born, (29 yrs ago).....







Look at the beuatiful blue skies. We noticed NO SMOG....


They had some Black Iris. Gorgeous I thought. When she splits them I am going to get some of the bulbs, to plant. I think I would like to open an account at this bank, just because of the name...












































We went to the Emporia Garden Show, Sunday afternoon. The name of the place is Toad Hollow. They have 300 different color of Iris's. The end of May we will go back, because at that time they have Day Lillies in full bloom. We thought the sign about the bank was "Different". After leaving the garden show, we went and saw my cousin, Bill, who is in an extended care facility. He is my only first cousin on my Father's side of the family.



I've also been working on geneology this past week, and have learned alot, about my Dad's Family, that I either didn't know, or didn't realize as a kid. Funny that kids just don't think about who people are, they are just family. I knew some were Aunt's & Uncles, but not Why they were related.



There sure alot of little towns, (With nothing in them) around here, and Neil thinks because I lived here I know where they are and how far etc. I told him today, "I was 10 and didn't know everything". Makes you wonder why these little towns are just about closed up or desserted.



We were talking to one of the other work campers in this park, and I said, I had been out to the cemetery looking for family and he asked what was the family name, I told him, and the shocked look on his face was something. His aunt married my Uncle, and my Aunt & Uncle took his brother in as a foster child, and raised him. What a small World we live in.



No comments:

Post a Comment