Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yellow Brick Road & Little House on the Prairie


We drove almost to Oklahoma today. On our one wrong turn to find the Yellow Brick road, Neil says I took him out into the wilderness and we'd never find our way back. We went to Sedan Ks and saw the Yellow Brick Road, but No Dorothy or Toto. Then we went to Independence Ks, where the Little House on the Prairie has been re-constructed on the original site and to specifications of the original.

Laura Ingall's School is below, the next is the Post Office. Then there are picture's of the inside of the Little House, but Somebody evidently didn't take a picture of the outside of the house.





















We looked all over the Yellow Brick Road and finally gave up, then we asked in the Cafe and the lady said , "You walked on it to come in here", but we did come in the back so really we'ren't quite as dumb as she thought we were.





















These are the first Cows Bandit had ever seen close up, and he was so funny. He growled a deep growl for such a little thing, and then he barked and growled some more, so the cows did back away from the vicious little dog.








We figure the snake was about 4' long, but I was pretty sure it was a full 100 feet.

Neil was going to get out and get close & take a pic. I said "Use the close-up shot. We don't know what kind it was,






Neil & I searched to find out what kind of DEADLY snake it was, and it is a Bull Snake and Neil says (and so did the online description) that they are harmless, BUT my opinion is, IF IT IS a Snake, it's deadly to me, and I wanna get away from them ASAP.











We had a wonderful dinner at the Main Street Cafe in Sedan, Ks. Dinner time here is Lunch time in Ca and dinner there is Supper here. Neil couldn't understand why the guy next to us, said I was really really late fixing dinner, it was 1:30PM.
I bought an 8 oz box of blueberries and an 8 oz box of Blackberries today for $1.50 each. I may empty my freezer and fill it with berries, strawberries were $2.00 for 16 oz.















No comments:

Post a Comment